Thursday, July 8, 2010
Extraordinary Desserts
Today we decided to visit downtown San Diego. Ally had a sandwich shop she wanted us to try in Del mar, and then we were headed to do some shopping.
Before driving to Horton Plaza, Auntie Kim suggested that we stop at Extraordinary Desserts on Union Street, and boy oh boy, we were so happy we took her advice! We had the most amazing desserts! It was hard to choose from all the wonderfully decorated treats, but we finally settled on a zebra brownie and some brown sugar vanilla ice cream. Ally and Jessica chose the tiramisu.
I am most certain that the zebra brownie was THE VERY BEST, most delicious brownie ever (sorry Grammy)! And the ice cream....oh, the ice cream! It was made from scratch and was perfectly flavored and smooth. I don't often treat myself to dessert, but this was one stop well worth the calories!!
After eating these scrumptious desserts, we walked off our calories at Horton Plaza. Chris, Madelyn, and I had a fun time taking our very first picture booth pictures. What fun!
This outdoor mall was designed really well and allowed us to enjoy the beautiful weather while shopping. Madelyn had a great time playing with the over-sized chess and tic-tac-toe pieces. She also stopped to smell the flowers on many occasions....something I couldn't resist capturing with the camera. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What fun! I remember going to Horton Plaza many years ago when Scooter and I were engaged...We will have to go there our next trip to San Diego. Who doesn't love dessert?! Did Kim get ideas for new creations?! They were beautiful!
Kelly your pictures really captured the essence of this amazing bakery!
Oh yes, Zona I visit Extraordinary Desserts purely for inspirational ideas....and well, that involves taste testing too. :)
Post a Comment