Today I went out on a limb, and made hard-boiled eggs for the first time. Ever. It's a little embarrassing to admit that, but Grammy has always taken care of it, and well, she's out of town. I was a bit nervous because no one wants to eat half-cooked eggs, so I emailed my boss, Valerie, who is the queen of perfect hard-boiled eggs. She gave me the low down, and what do you know? It worked. I made the most perfect hard-boiled eggs! Yippee!
Madelyn has been so excited to color eggs. We've been counting down "sleeps" until the Easter Bunny comes, and coloring eggs has been somewhat of a deterrent. :) Today, she eagerly asked to take a nap because she knew once she woke up we'd get to color the eggs. Perhaps we should plan to color eggs every day since it's such a motivator!
We all had a good time coloring the eggs. Chris and I both tried to think back to the last time we actually dyed eggs, and we both came to the conclusion that it has been a real long time. Nonetheless, it was like riding a bike...easy-peasy.
We made some the "old fashioned" way, and then we tried our hands at a new tie-dying method. It was pretty cool, but proved to be quite time consuming. I think Madelyn preferred the old fashioned way because soon after we started the more meticulous ritual of "tie-dying" the eggs, she grew quite bored. Fortunately, I only boiled 16 eggs, so Chris and I weren't left with too many to do on our own.
Madelyn is looking forward to the Easter Bunny hiding these colorful eggs Sunday morning. She can't wait for the egg hunt!

1 comment:
good job on the hard boiled eggs, Kelly!!
I tell can that Madelyn is having a great time coloring them! Wish the boys were there to help!
Post a Comment