Every time I tell someone that we just had a "home visit" they look at me a little strangely. I have to quickly explain to them that CPS did not pay us a visit, but rather, Madelyn's preschool teachers came to meet her.
First of all, preschool. How did that happen? How is our little punkin getting ready to go to preschool? Boy the time sure does whip right by you when you're having a blast! We spent some time last spring discussing some of our preschool options, and ultimately, we decided to put her in a school in the district where I work. I felt it was my obligation to do some research and find the place that seemed to be most suitable for Madelyn. I have to say, I think doing your homework really pays off! Now, I know she hasn't started yet, but Chris and I (and Madelyn, too) are so excited about her new teacher.
Back in May, Chris and I paid a visit to one of the schools on our list. We were sold from the minute we walked into the classroom. Her teacher was so accommodating and answered all of our questions. She gave us time to wonder the room to look at everything and I must say, pulling Chris away was a challenge. He was like a little kid, wanting to play with all the cool toys! :)
We didn't spend anymore time visiting classrooms because we felt very confident that this one was right. So off we went to fill out our paperwork, and then played the waiting game to see if we would get into the class. And we did!
So today Madelyn's teacher came by to do a "home visit." This is an opportunity for them to meet in Madelyn's environment where she feels most comfortable. I LOVED this idea! Not only did her teacher visit, but both of her assistants came, too! Madelyn was so excited that she was going to have THREE teachers! Both of the instructional assistants, Mrs. B and Mrs. W., spent some time playing with Madelyn while we talked with Ms. M. Auntie Kim would be so proud because Madelyn insisted the three of them have a tea party. And that's exactly what they did. :)
We were both impressed with this wonderful opportunity, and told everyone we couldn't wait for school to start, especially Madelyn! Tomorrow we get to take Madelyn to visit her classroom, and she can hardly stand it she so excited! Stay tuned for a report from the classroom...
No comments:
Post a Comment