We decided to go to one of our favorite spots, Canyon Point. It was the most wonderful weekend I think we've had in a while. The three of us literally plunked ourselves down and did nothing but relax. We did manage to get a few "hikes" in and I counted that as my exercise for each day because other than that we truly couldn't help but veg-out.
I think our favorite part of the weekend was when a big storm rolled into the forest. I had been telling Madelyn that I love the sound and smell of rain when you're in a tent. She was interested to see exactly what I meant, and boy did she get to learn quick!
Fortunately, we made our way into the tent just a few minutes before the rain started falling.
It was a perfectly nice, quiet afternoon listening to the rain. And eventually getting dribbled on in the tent. We learned that our new tent is as magical as it gets when it comes to setting it up and tearing it down, but as for being waterproof... well, let's just say it left a little to be desired.
We made the best of it and truly did spend most of the two hours huddled up in the tent laughing. Boy did we laugh. Chris and I really enjoyed watching Madelyn experience her first real big thunder and lightening storm. As a matter of fact, while I was taking some pictures, I happened to catch one of her many expressions.
Before Thunder & Lightening
During Thunder & Lightening
Good thing we didn't leave any technology at home. Madelyn watched a movie while Chris and I each read a book. Then we eventually ALL took a nap. Dog included. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment