Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I didn’t think this day would ever come! I’m not a huge Halloween fan, but because Madelyn is so excited about it, I certainly find a little more enjoyment in it. She has been counting the days for several weeks now.
We did some fancy hair to help keep her long Rapunzel braid attached.

CANDY!
We invited Grammy and Papa over for a Halloween dinner (homemade tortilla soup and tacos) so they could partake in the festivities. Grammy told us she’d pass out candy while we were out asking for more, and Papa would help keep the couch warm while watching some football. What a plan!
Madelyn and Seamstress Grammy
Grammy bought Madelyn a little "Pascal"
who we pinned to her shoulder for trick-or-treating

 Princess Courtsey


The three of us had a fantastic time walking around the neighborhood. My favorite moment of the night was when we were walking toward a group of scary-looking people, and Madelyn looked up at me and said, “It’s okay, Mommy. It’s just fiction.” Oh boy, did Chris and I get a good chuckle. I quickly asked her what fiction meant, and she very proudly exclaimed, “It means pretend.” Have I mentioned how much I love preschool?!!

We even bumped into our cousins while we were walking around the neighborhood!



No comments: