Yesterday, I went up to Madelyn's bedroom to put some laundry away, and I noticed she had all of her tiniest toys scattered about her room. I wish I would have taken a picture, but just imagine about 50 Little Pet Shop pets, 100 barrettes and hair bows, and approximately 8 pairs of socks strewn from one end of the bedroom to the other. I asked her what she was doing, and she said, "I'm decorating my room for Christmas!" I mentioned how much she has really gotten into the Christmas spirit this year in a previous post, and boy is it true! I stopped and sat with her for a while, and enjoyed such a sweet moment. And then, as I looked around her room, I thought to myself, "What a mess." I asked her if she thought we needed to get some real Christmas decorations for her room, and she agreed we most certainly did!
So, after work today, I stopped at Target to see what goodies I could find. And in case you're wondering, Target has no shortage of Christmas decorations. I came home with a trunk load of decorations! It really was just my excuse for buying more Christmas decorations (because you can never have too many). The three of us had such a fantastic time decorating her bedroom! We listened to Christmas music and danced around the room! Chloe even joined the fun by rolling around on the floor.
Once everything was in its place, the first thing Madelyn said was, "Let's show Grammy & Papa!" I told her that since they were out of town, we'd have to take a video and send it to them. She decided to give a "Christmas Bedroom Tour," and I have included it for your enjoyment below. :)
1 comment:
That was too cute! I think Madelyn has more decorations in her bedroom than I have in my whole house!! So sweet!
Post a Comment