Saturday, January 7, 2012

"Wild" Days of Winter Break


Yesterday we took advantage of some gorgeous weather and visited the Wildlife World Zoo and Aquarium. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day... the weather was sunny and in the 70s, and for most of the day it seemed like we had the entire zoo to ourselves. It was an added bonus that we were finally getting to use some 2 for 1 coupons I found on eBay. Score!


The best part was that we were able to hook up with Madelyn's very first friend from Gymboree, Zachary. It was such a good time to watch the two kids together. Zach is a very active and affectionate kid who loves to give hugs. The first thing he did when we arrived was give us all a big squeeze! He was eager to show Madelyn the cool reptiles in the gift shop (our meeting place). Madelyn was a bit hesitant at first, per her normal 15-minute shy self. She eventually warmed up, however, and the two had a great time.

We also enjoyed some adult conversations with Z's parents, Tina and Ryan. We agreed to try to get the kids together more often since they got along so well. It's hard with such busy work schedules, but perhaps this is the year we'll make good on that promise. ;)

Chris and I laughed a lot as Madelyn kept asking to ride all the rides. Twice we reminded her that there were actually animals at the zoo. HA! She is our little free spirit after all, but did enjoy some of the animals, too. Mostly she loved riding the sky ride, the train, the carousel, and the log ride, with the latter being her favorite. Chris and I agreed that it was a real good thing we had half price tickets because we sure made up for it with the rides.


Click here to see all the pictures from yesterday's zoo adventure. (Two notes: One, I was so disappointed that I had the wrong camera lens with me, so some of the pictures aren't what I had hoped for and two, Madelyn is obsessed (like her mother) when it comes to taking pictures. She insisted on taking some pictures after the zoo, and I included some of those as well...just in case you're wondering why they are there.)

No comments: