Thursday, March 15, 2012

Four Going on Two...

...that is how I have been describing Madelyn for the last several weeks. I'm not sure what brought on the recent tantrum episodes, but they were nothing less than horrible. Fortunately, with a lot of patience, some extra TLC, and a wonderful star chart for accountability, we seem to have gotten through this phase. For now anyway. ;) And I cannot tell you how relieved I am. Don't get me wrong, she still has her moments (don't we all?), but the difference is they are now manageable.

Knowing how challenging the last 5-6 weeks have been, I thought I'd share a couple videos from Madelyn's recent dance practice. She will be having another recital in July, and I am so impressed at the progress the girls are making. I am constantly saying how much more advanced her new class is, and boy, the extra challenge has paid off.

As a point of reference, you may recall the video I posted in February 2011, after her first dance classes. I sat and watched this video just now, and can't believe the growth. Wow, how times flies. I laughed especially loud watching the gymnastics portion of this video, remembering how funny her attempt at a somersault was. Oh my goodness. I haven't captured any gym videos lately, but know that she has mastered so many of those skills as well... especially the rings... she LOVES those, and can easily do a flip all by herself. ;)

Here are two clips from the last two weeks:

Ballet



Tap



I have watched these short clips several times in the last couple of days because they are great reminders to me that no matter how tough things can get, she is always worth it! :) I'll update the final Strawberry Shortcake routines this summer when they perform at the recital... stay tuned.
 
 

No comments: