Saturday, January 19, 2013

Piano Lessons

Madelyn has been telling us for a while that she wanted to learn how to play the piano. We hadn't given into this request yet because she already had too many things on her plate for a four-year-old. However, when her singing class was cancelled due to low enrollment, we figured this was a good time to give piano lessons a try. Not to mention we found out that her singing teacher, Miss Whitney, taught piano lessons, and we really love her, so it all seemed to fall into place.

We opted to have Miss Whitney come to our house for the lessons. It was a bit more expensive to do it this way, but we decided the convenience was worth it. :)


Miss Whitney has such a wonderful knack for teaching music. She is patient and oh-so kind, and this is why we all love her, especially Madelyn. She could hardly wait for her first lesson!

And her first lesson was a success! Miss Whitney went over some of the basics, of which I cannot really describe because I never took piano lessons (and I'm a little bitter - haha). But she taught her the "finger numbers" so she could read the numbers to play. I enjoyed learning the finger numbers as well so I could help Madelyn a little more. Although I have a sneaky feeling it will really be Madelyn teaching me. ;)

The first song she is learning is Mary Had a Little Lamb. Miss Whitney gave her some things to practice for homework and was on her way after the 30-minute lesson. We are super excited to see her again next week!

No comments: