Friday, May 10, 2013

Last Day of COOP


Today was the last day of COOP. It’s been a great year of learning and socialization! Last night proved to be a little emotional for Madelyn, however, as she was getting ready for bed. She cried as she said, “I have a broken heart.” She was feeling sad that she wouldn’t be going to the same school as all her friends, and that she would miss her teachers. We talked about all the fun plans we had for this summer, which seemed to help sooth her “broken heart.” We also talked a little bit about kindergarten, which she is very excited to start!

First Day of COOP


Last Day of COOP


They had a special celebration, which I was oh-so thankful they didn’t refer to as a “graduation.” The kids sang songs and each received a special certificate.


When Chris and I sat down in our seats we thought they would be great, but unfortunately, Madelyn wasn’t opposite the camera, which made it difficult to capture some of the songs real well. But I did my best, and have included two that turned out best.

Madelyn was chosen (along with her friend, Keegan, to say the Pledge of Allegiance:






Madelyn’s best friend, Lily, brought her some flowers to celebrate the end to a great year. How sweet! And how adorable are these two best buddies? ;) We are looking forward to setting up some play dates for the summer!

  

No comments: