Friday, February 6, 2015

Dear Madelyn

Dear Madelyn,

Sometimes I look at you and I can’t believe you are mine. God has truly blessed me.

The past few months have not been easy ones for you, sweet girl, but I want you to know that I am proud of who you are. I am proud of you for keeping your chin up, and for smiling through the dark clouds. I am grateful for your precious laugh, and your gentle hugs. We talk each night about what a great team we are, and how no matter where we are - as long as we have each other - we will be fine. This is a constant conversation we have. You occasionally leave me little notes to remind me you're okay. I will treasure these forever.




It makes me proud to be the mom of someone so caring and so sweet. Someone who knows it’s okay to cry, and it’s okay to be mad. It’s okay to be frustrated. We talk about these things, too. We talk together and sometimes we cry together. During these talks we remind ourselves that every day brings a new beginning, a new chance to start fresh. I have always said you are a rock star, and although I will always believe that, I know you are also my rock. You keep me focused on the important things in life, and you remind me to be strong. I could sit forever and listen to you create music from your feelings, belting out new tunes as though you’re on stage in front of a million people! Your creativity inspires me. And I am certain it inspires others.

I don’t always have the right answers for you, and sometimes I don’t have an answer at all. But I promise you, Little Miss, you and I will always be together, and we will make it through anything we encounter. I will forever be your biggest fan and supporter! Pinky promise.

Love,
Mom
  

No comments: