Saturday, May 8, 2010

First Swim Lesson


On Thursday night Madelyn had her first swimming lesson. We had been talking about it all week to get her ready for the big day, and that obviously worked because she was so excited when we got there!


Madelyn loves the water and didn't have any fear getting in with the instructor. I am sure the fact that Chris was getting in the pool with her helped. She did real well with some of the new skills. Jumping off the side really excited her, but once she jumped to the instructor who helped her go under water, she preferred running around to the side that had a step so she could sit down and jump from there. It was really cute.


They even practiced blowing bubbles, something Madelyn loves to do, but hasn't quite figured out in the water yet. Chris and I decided we will have her practice in the bathtub.


Here's a short video of her lesson. (Keep in mind I was sitting on the other side of a glass wall, so the quality of the video isn't great.)