Sunday, May 2, 2010

Visit from Great Auntie Kathy


This weekend we had a nice visit with Aunt Kathy, Madelyn's great aunt. Even though we didn't get to spend a whole lot of time together, it was fun to relax and enjoy her company.


Madelyn got to spend all day Thursday with Aunt Kathy while I was at work.  When I came to pick her up I found out very quickly that Madelyn had a new BFF. Madelyn was so excited about their adventures, one of the favorites being her brand new pink fingernails and toenails. She couldn't wait to show me! I was really excited about this as well because I have been meaning to try it myself. I wasn't sure she'd sit still long enough for them to dry, so I have been putting it off. Thank goodness for great aunties! Madelyn is a little social butterfly, but it will often take one or two meetings before she completely opens up. But not with Auntie Kathy. Nope. She was ready to hang out with her and had no real interest in leaving her when I picked her up either.


Grammy & Papa brought Aunt Kathy up to our house today so we could have a little extra time to visit. Madelyn of course had things planned the minute they walked in the door. Some of her nail polish had come off her fingernails, and Madelyn was ready for round two!

1 comment:

sweetcakes said...

What great pictures!

I'm not surprised Aunt Kathy was the first one to paint Madelyn's toes! I remember her doing fun stuff like that with us when we were kids.

It sounds like you all had a nice visit!

Love, Auntie Kim