Today Madelyn and I met some friends at a local park for a play date. We didn't know it when it was being organized, but as it turned out, today is Nickelodeon's National Day of Play. It worked out perfectly because we spent the entire morning at the park.
Unfortunately, the weather is still well above where most cities are this time of year. (I believe today's high was 103.) Since we were at the park in the morning, it wasn't terrible, but I'll be honest, by 11:30, I was sweaty and hot. Of course Madelyn and her friends weren't bothered in the least.
We started the morning at Lola's Coffee. A cafe moca and banana nut muffin was a great treat to start our day!
It was really fun watching the kids together.
Sometimes they played side by side...
... and other times they were off doing their own thing.
I think all the mommies enjoyed having a little time to talk about life with toddlers, too. Although I'm not sure we were ever able to finish any of our conversations, it was still great hearing that we were each experiencing some of the same things with our girls. We even talked about having a "Mommy's Night" where we might get to finish some of those conversations over a glass of wine. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment