Saturday, November 27, 2010

Special Visit

This year, Auntie Kim, Uncle Keith, Mac, and Ethan all came to visit for Thanksgiving. What a treat! They actually surprised the Vogelsangs, and we got to be part of the secret. :)

We felt so lucky that they wanted to stay with us because it allowed us some extra quality time with them in between other visits. Madelyn was beside herself with joy when she learned that they would not only be coming to Arizona, but that they would be having "three sleeps at our house." Woo Hoo!

watching a movie on the iPad

Since they were here, the kids decided it would be fun to help decorate our Christmas tree. What a lovely idea, indeed.... three extra little helpers to get it done. I loved it!


Madelyn had a great time adding ornaments to the tree. At first, she was the organizer... you know the type, "Put this one there. Put that one over here."

Then, Ethan started to show her how to add them to the tree.


Then she got brave, and started adding them all by herself.


We laughed at how she kept going back to the same exact spot on the tree. After all was said and done, there were about 8 ornaments neatly overlapping each other.


Ethan decided to help rearrange her ornaments (once she went to bed, of course). I think he knows his Auntie pretty well. I tried to say it was fine, and that I wouldn't move them, but let's be honest. It would have bothered me, and yes, eventually I would have had to do the rearranging. So, thanks, Ethan for helping me get out of that one! ;)

The boys even helped Chloe get into the holiday spirit. Doesn't she look excited?

1 comment:

Zona said...

I have not decorated my tree in many years now because the kids do it. I love seeing how well I've trained them to spread them out... this year I gave each of they girls their own box of ornaments to hang...I haven't inspected to see how they did! Madelyn is going to be a great delegator. Wait - she already is! LOVE Chloe's look.