Monday, June 20, 2011

Cookies for Grandpa

Madelyn is starting to show her true “Smith” genes. She has a genuine love for cooking and baking. I can’t even make her a bowl of cereal without her wanting to stir it. It’s very cute, and I love how much she wants to do this together. It forces my hand at cooking, something I like to do, but don’t do often. Until now…

I asked Madelyn what she thought we should get Grandpa N for Father’s Day, and she said, “Let’s make him some cookies!” Great idea! She decided she wanted to make her personal favorite, M & M cookies. Isn’t it interesting how she wanted to make her favorite cookie for Grandpa? Yes. I think so. This was all one big plot to make herself some cookies. ;)
We had a great time mixing everything together and baking them. We “tested” that batter during each step of the process, and every taste got a little better than the last. And I must say, minus about 7 cookies that somehow managed to turn out black on the bottom (I’m blaming it on the pan), they turned out perfect! Yum!
Guess what she's doing in this picture...

No comments: