Madelyn has been going to dance classes for about four months and loves it! Soon after we enrolled her in the class, we had to decide whether or not she would participate in the dance recital this month. After a bit of hesitation, we said yes. As much as I love to see her dance and twirl around, I truly was not looking forward to the pricey costume and recital fees. But alas, we did it anyway.
When we received the paper detailing the requirements for the recital I started to regret the decision to have her participate. Full make-up was the first thing that caught my attention, and I really, seriously did not want that. I talked to a couple other moms who said they felt the same way, but many were okay with the idea. I decided to be the natural-born rebel that I am, and skip "full" make-up. I did let Madelyn have a little fun, and we applied a wee bit of foundation, a dab of blush and some lip gloss. She was definitely the girl with the least amount of make-up, which made her the cutest kid there! ;) She was most excited to have curls put in her hair! Fortunately, I had the dress rehearsal to practice the curls. Unfortunately, her hair is so fine that by the time she started dancing, the curls were nearly straight.
Proof that I did actually manage to do curls.
I think the thing that amazed me the most was at the size of Madelyn's entourage. How on earth is it that a three-year-old could possibly have so many attend her dance recital? Well, it is Madelyn after all, so I guess it's understandable. ;) For the record, the following people came to see her dance: Grammy, Papa, Grandma & Grandpa N, Auntie Kim, Mac, Ethan, Donna, "Grandma" Louise, Edie and of course Mommy and Daddy. And if you were counting, that makes twelve.
And I will say (but please don't tell anyone-wink), I did get a little tear in my eye when Madelyn did her dances. We laughed so hard at some of the things she did. She was so cute. She is already talking about her next recital, which thankfully is not until Christmas time. She'll be starting preschool soon (Eeek!), and I'm not sure how she will do without a nap everyday, so dance classes may have to go on the back burner. We'll see though....
Animal Crackers (ballet)
Madelyn is the third from the left.
Goodship Lollipop (tap)
Madelyn is the second from the left.


No comments:
Post a Comment