Wednesday, August 7, 2013

1st Day of Kindergarten


Dear Madelyn,

Today is your first day of kindergarten! I can’t believe how quickly time has passed and how fast you’ve grown. Last night, as you were dancing around the house, singing songs about how much you wished you were in school at that very minute, I smiled at how confident you were about taking this big step into the “real world” of school. You were so excited about meeting new friends, and even seeing old ones. You also sang about your teacher and how nice you thought she would be, and you even made up a song about PE!

I loved watching the excitement through your eyes, even as mine welled up with tears. Yes. I got teary-eyed as I watched you, wondering where the time went, and knowing that time won’t slow for me as I try to keep you little. You laugh when I tell you that because you think it’s funny that I don’t want you to grow.  But I try to explain that it’s not about you getting taller. It’s about you getting older and wiser, and understanding the world around you. It’s about my little bug growing up every day and feeling like you need me less. You will meet so many people who will make such great impressions on you. And you will meet some who won’t. But, as I sit here at work, wondering what you’re doing and if you’re having fun (I am sure you are), I am saying a little prayer that along this new path you won’t lose your sense of wonder, or your creative insight that sparks a song in everything new you do. I hope you continue to see the world through happy eyes and enjoy giggling at the funny things. You are my shining star, and I am so very proud of you!

Love,

Mom


Seriously, Mom?
Can we leave YET? (Madelyn waited on this step for 15 minutes.)
I am just SO excited for Kindergarten!
 
We saw Auntie Kristin first thing this morning!

YAY for Luke! Madelyn was excited to see one of her favorite COOP friends!
 

No comments: