Our friends, Dave, Krista, and Scout joined us (they are actually the ones who suggested it, so I guess we joined them - wink).
It was definitely a wet day, so we spent a lot of time relaxing (and eating - a lot) under the tents. Thank goodness for the tents! But as the rain slowed or stopped we made our way back out to do some rides, and play some games. Madelyn and Scout even did the super bouncy trampoline!
Madelyn was so excited, and suited up in the harness, waiting in line. As she stood there, she watched another little girl jumping to the moon and doing flip after flip. It was at this point that she decided this trampoline thing wasn't for her. She looked at me and said she didn't want to do it. But I tried to encourage her, telling her she would love it once she was up there. She kept shaking her head and mouthing the word "no," but I kept telling her she would love it. I even reminded her that she didn't have to jump high, or do flips. Then, wouldn't you know it, out came the potty card. She knows we can't say no to that. Smart little cookie. But despite her sneaky little plan we know her, and we weren't about to let her give up this easily. We did let her go to the bathroom, but, when she came back, Daddy continued to encourage her, and I pulled the money card (as in we already paid for it), and she finally gave in when we said that the day must be over if she wasn't going to try. Gosh, we're terrible. But we do know our kid. And we knew how excited she was to try it, and we knew her friend Scout just got finished and had a blast, so we knew she'd be sad about it later when we were talking about it at dinner.
We ended our day listening to a live band playing on the stage, where Madelyn and Scout had a fantastic time dancing (in the rain)!
Don't tell anyone, but here's the real reason I wanted to come up to Flagstaff, one of our favorite places for wings, The Lumberyard. Delicious!
And the girls loved choosing their dessert: BRIGHT ORANGE POPSICLES!

No comments:
Post a Comment