As everyone knows, kindergarten is the best place to be on Halloween because it's the only grade that gets to dress up and celebrate at school. My biggest concern with the school party, however, was how Madelyn might finagle her gorgeous Belle gown on the playground. I just didn't see a happy ending there, so I tried to think of an idea that she could wear just for her school party. I was worried about this because she's been practicing "Belle" for the last 4 weeks!
I went to the costume closet, and realized most of her previous costumes we just recently loaned out to Auntie Kim's friends. Oops. Talk about timing! But, just as I was about to give up, a little piece of red fabric popped out at me. I pulled out Madelyn's costume from 2009 and immediately thought we could make this work. When Madelyn got home, I prepped her instantly for the idea of having TWO Halloween costumes this year! "How lucky could a little girl be to have two instead of one?" I asked. Her eyes lit up and she instantly agreed. Especially when I pulled out the accessories! YAY!
I was really excited about this because the sweet ladybug costume Grammy made for her never got worn on Halloween because Madelyn came down with strep that year. Who would've ever guessed that 4 years later we might be able to recycle it into something just as adorable! I couldn't resist sharing a comparison of 2009 to 2013. I actually got a little teary because I can't believe how much she's grown in just 4 years. My goodness.
Once I picked her up from school, she was ready to get prepped for her evening costume, Princess Belle. And brace yourself because what you're about to see is one of the most amazing Belle costumes EVER! Grammy really outdid herself yet again! And we adore her oh-so much for all the hard work and love she puts into Madelyn's costumes! They are always perfect with a special flare that only a Grammy can add!
See? Amazing, right?
We had a fun night trick or treating around our quiet little neighborhood. It's a small block, and many people are "party poppers" as we like to call them, but somehow Madelyn's bucket seemed to overflow by the end of the walk. Perhaps that had something to do with comments like this, "You are the prettiest little princess I've ever seen!" and "I love your dress so much! I would have worn that to prom!" or my favorite (looking at me), "Where did you buy that dress? It's gorgeous!" To which Madelyn replied, "My Grammy MADE it!" Fun, fun, fun.
Madelyn somehow really enjoyed it when there was
just a bowl with some instructions outside.
No barking dog. No doorbell. Just candy. ;)
Madelyn insisted on first sorting her candy by color. Then by shape. Then she had to lay them all out and count each one. 80 total, I believe. Nice work, kiddo.




No comments:
Post a Comment