Thursday, January 16, 2014

Apex Fun Run

Madelyn has been very excited for the Apex Fun Run at her school! This surprised me a little bit because she’s not an overly athletic kid. She’s active, just not athletic. But in the case of this school fundraiser, she couldn’t wait!

Madelyn & Kadence
The Apex Fun Run is a program that raises funds for the school and its classrooms. This program teaches the students about leadership and teamwork. Students sought pledges from family and friends, where they would pledge per lap. Students could run any number of laps, up to 36. I have to be honest and say that I did not think she would run all 36 laps. No way. I had her pegged for about 10-15. Boy was I wrong!


Pre-Run Stretching

Warm Up Lap


 Lap 13

Quick Photo Op
Lap 30.. 6 more to go!
I think she looks miserable in this one, but Chris insisted she was loving it!

36 laps! (They marked each lap as she ran.)
 
I told Madelyn she'll be ready for the Undy 5000 in Novebmer! Way to go, bug! When you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!!
 

No comments: