Saturday, December 27, 2014

Meet Bella!

On October 6th, we had to say goodbye to the sweetest dog ever, Chloe. Her health had deteriorated so much that she was not able to walk or even eat. We put it off for a while, carrying her in and out of the house, and even hand-feeding her. Ultimately, we couldn't continue to let her live that kind of life. It was an extremely hard day for all of us.

These pictures were taken on Chloe's last day with us.

It didn't take Madelyn long to ask for another dog, a puppy specifically. I kept telling her that I was not ready for another dog, and surely didn't want a puppy. I explained to her how much work puppies are, and that I was already tired. I just wasn't ready for that kind of commitment.

Then, my friend Nadine showed me some pictures of some puppies from one of her clients and just wanted me to know that she thought there would be a new litter soon. I laughed at her, telling her there was no way on God’s green Earth that I could get a puppy.

Well, two months later, not only do we have a new dog, it’s a puppy! Oh my!

I've been secretly watching the puppies grow, while trying to convince Madelyn that I really was not ready for a dog. And lucky for me, she believed me!

Here’s  some pictures from birth to new home…

Mama and her Babies

 Puppy Daddy - "Polar Bear"



 Meet Bella!

 Auntie Kristin and (Livvy and Owen) came with Christmas Eve to pick up Bella

All pooped out while waiting to meet her big sister.

I was excited for Madelyn to get this very special gift on Christmas morning. Here’s the video of the surprise:


We had a great time playing with Bella Christmas morning!


No comments: