Sunday, July 14, 2013

While Mommy's away, the kids will play...

For the last several summers, I've been asked to present at the CTE conference in Tucson, Arizona. And every year, I think Chris and Madelyn will be able to join me. It has never panned out, mostly due to Chris's work schedule. This was the year I thought for sure it would work out, and then.... the Lego Fest came to town. sigh

Madelyn is obsessed with Legos. Well, I suppose that doesn't quite describe it, but for now it will do. She loves Legos, especially Lego "Friends." When asked if she wanted to spend the weekend in Tucson or go to the Lego Fest, she simply looked at me like, "Why are you asking me that ridiculous question?" She followed the look with, 'Legos, Mommy!" So, although I spent another long weekend without them, she was tickled pink about her Lego adventure! And Chris kept me updated with the happenings since I couldn't be there. I have to say, it looks like I missed out on a great time!


No shock to any of you, Madelyn got some NEW legos because, really, Daddy wanted to play...

This is probably one of my favorite pictures of "their" new set. It's of all the girls standing in line to go  to the bathroom. So funny! And so accurate. ;)