Sunday, November 17, 2013

First Visit from the Tooth Fairy

Several years ago (October 8, 2008, to be exact) I posted that Madelyn's first tooth broke through the surface! Now, just over 5 years later, she lost her first tooth!

Her tooth has been wiggly for about two weeks now. When it started getting really wiggly, Madelyn couldn't keep her fingers out of her mouth! She was so excited to lose this tooth! Several of her friends have lost teeth, and I think she was very excited to join this elite club! She had been coming home every day telling us that she was going to have her teacher pull it out soon. That really grosses me out so I told her that was fine by me, but she shouldn't rush it because if she forces it out too soon the new tooth won't be ready. (I am pretty sure I made that up, although it makes perfect sense to me. I think honestly, I was just not ready for this to happen.)

I received the following email from Madelyn's teacher on Friday morning:


I responded that it was fine by us so long as she took a before and after picture for us!

Less than one hour later, she sent an email saying the tooth was out! And she included these pictures:



Mrs. Musselman said it came out quite easily and there were no tears! She commented that Madelyn asked her if she needed some tweezers or something. HA! We agreed that Mrs. Musselman did indeed miss her calling as a dentist! Apparently she pulls out all the teacher's kids' teeth! I informed her that Madelyn will be coming to her from now on, until all her baby teeth are out! ;)

We remembered Madelyn's pediatrician telling us that she will loose her teeth in the order they come in so we were anxious to do some research, and look what we found! You can see her first tooth popping through, and low and behold it's the exact one that came out first!


Madelyn was sure to put her tooth into her very special Tooth Fairy pillow. When she woke up in the morning she was so excited that she left her FIVE DOLLARS! I think the Tooth Fairy business must be doing well because I certainly don't recall getting 5 bucks for any of MY teeth. We told Madelyn it must be because it was her very first one. She agreed. And she also said the Tooth Fairy was quite noisy. Apparently she heard her open her closet door, and she also heard a little "ting" from her wand. Maybe that's why she left her five dollars. Maybe she felt bad for being so noisy. ;)


2 comments:

Gina Musselman said...

I love your blogs! Madelyn is amazing!!

Livvy said...

Hi Madi and Auntie, it's Livvy. I love you guys and I love the tooth book. Hope to see you soon. Let me know when I need to watch Madi! Love you loads, Livvy