It would be a crime to start this post with anything other than THE CAKE. Auntie Kim made a very special trip to Phoenix to do Madelyn’s Wizard of Oz cake. And it was nothing short of amazing! She did a rainbow layer cake (I sent her
this idea to get started).

She covered the cake with green buttercream frosting and added a yellow fondant brick road. I really liked the fondant she used, which had white chocolate in it. She also handmade the little red poppies that wound all the way around the yellow brick road. This cake would not have been nearly the masterpiece without Dorothy! Auntie Kim created her from fondant as well, and it took her FOUR HOURS to design her. Isn’t she perfect?!? I especially liked the red glitter shoes! She also made a glittery red number five for Dorothy to hold.





The cake was so beautiful that it was hard to cut into it without feeling guilty. But we did. Grammy did the honors (I was too nervous) and cut everyone a slice. It was so fun to see everyone’s faces when she cut the first slice. The room literally echoed with “Oohs” and “Ahhs,” mostly from the adults. ;) The kids were pretty excited, too, though. They all thought they wanted a cupcake at first (I think because of the rainbow lollipop stuck in the top), but when they saw the rainbow cake, many of them quickly changed their mind.
Thanks, Auntie Kim, for flying all the way to Phoenix to create such a memorable cake!
No comments:
Post a Comment