Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Disneyland - Day 3

Happy Valentine's Day!


Today was a wonderful day to celebrate Valentine's Day. The weather was perfect and the crowds were small! I have to say, coming to Disneyland in February has proved to be the perfect time to visit. We are constantly amazed at how short the lines are in both parks.




When we got into Disneyland, we were excited to see Geppetto on Main Street signing autographs and taking pictures. Well, at least I was excited. I walked over and got his autograph while Daddy took some pictures. I must say, these Disney characters are awfully friendly. I mean, really friendly. I've never been squeezed so much in my life. They pull you close and they're not quick to let you go. ;)



We took our time this morning walking around and doing some more shopping. While we were on Main Street we were lucky enough to see Mickey and his band coming down the street. Madelyn has definitely enjoyed all the music, so this was another moment where we had to stop and just listen to the music. :)


From there we headed to the Enchanted Tiki room. Again, this is one of the things I remember as a kid. I always loved the tiki room, but the thing I looked forward to most was the fresh pineapple. :) Madelyn followed quickly in my footsteps as she ordered a fresh spear of pineapple. I got a glass of pineapple juice, and both were delicious. 


After the show, we walked along New Orleans Square and found Madelyn's favorite band. I think she really enjoys the music, but she knows if she's extra cute they will throw her some beads. Oh, wait. Not beads, a necklace. Madelyn was pretty clear about that. ;)


Then we took a train ride around the park. This was fun because we scoped out the places we hadn't been to yet, and marked our maps.It was also a nice way to get off our feet for a bit. :)

One of Madelyn's favorite rides is the Astro Orbitor in Tomorrowland. She went with me on the first night, and she wanted to try it again during the day. This time she wanted to ride with both Mommy and Daddy. Apparently I was pretty tired the first time because I told Chris there was plenty of room for all of us. Well, there was room for all of us, just not plenty of it. ;) It did end up being a fun family ride all snuggled together. I tried to snap a few pictures while we were up in the air (hence the off-centered images).


After flying through space, we decided to bring the adventure down to Earth... all the way to Pixie Hollow...


Even Chris got into the Pixie Hollow spirit, and took a picture with the fairies. :) I asked him why he didn't put his arms around Tinkerbell and Vidia, and he said he was trying to be "proper." That made me laugh considering my experiences with the characters the last couple of days. I actually would've liked to have seen him try to give Vidia a hug. Ha! She might have socked him in the nose. ;)

No comments: