The man standing near where we were talking, leaned over to us and said, "Those are my seats there in front of you." I looked at him a bit confused because one, if they were "his" seats he should probably be sitting in them, and two we had just stopped to talk about it, not to steal anyone's seats. Sheesh. So I told him, "It's okay, we're just talking about what we're doing." We quickly left that scene, but unfortunately, Madelyn got a little freaked out at the thought of not seeing the parade. We hadn't realized how badly she really wanted to see it, so we made our way down Main Street, and eventually found a good spot to park ourselves until the parade started. Chris and I weren't really all that excited about doing this because we really like the parade at night, but honestly, this was one of those moments where I realized the importance of following the lead of the kid. Watching Madelyn during the parade got me a little teary-eyed. She was so genuinely excited! At this point, I think she felt like she had made friends with every character, so when they walked by, she would scream hello! Yet another moment from the day that is at the top of my list.
And for the record, I really want one of these bikes:
No comments:
Post a Comment