Saturday, December 1, 2012

December 1


This year Chris and I decided to change things up a bit in our countdown to Christmas. Instead of little prizes in each of the days in the advent calendar, we decided to put little notes that had a special activity for the day. Today was the first day, and I have to say Madelyn was super excited about the idea.

December 1
Today she got to pick a Christmas movie to watch while enjoying fresh popcorn and root beer floats! Oh my, was she ever excited! We had already scheduled a sleepover with her cousins, so she couldn't wait to tell them the good news!


I was happy to find the mini cans of root beer at Target because they were perfect for each kiddo. All the kids enjoyed making their root beer floats, but I think they enjoyed drinking them more! :) (We did not end up making popcorn because everyone was stuffed from our Mexican dinner at Valle Luna. Yum.

Madelyn chose Santa Paws 2 for the movie, and we were all excited because we liked the first one so much. We even blew up the air mattress and got all cozy next to the Christmas tree for the event. (Chloe even joined us!)


Santa Paws Reviews:

Madelyn: "I liked Santa Paws 2 because it had all those cute puppies. I loved Jingle because she liked to sing all those Christmas songs." - 2 thumbs up

Kelly: "I thought Santa Paws was awful. The acting was horrible and the singing was corny."- 2 thumbs down. Way down.

Chris: Chris fell asleep in the first 20 minutes, which I think is enough of a review in itself.

 

No comments: