My sister, Kim, recently turned me on to a social site called Pinterest. I had heard of it, and even tried to use it a couple times, but quite frankly it overwhelmed me. But a few days ago, I just so happened to have a few extra minutes to skim through some of her boards, and boy did I ever get sucked into it! Two minutes turns into two hours before you know it!
I have found and pinned some great ideas, but I was most anxious to try... Reindeer Hair! When I explained it to Madelyn, she was very excited, and even helped me shop for the supplies at Michael’s. All you need are the following:
I have found and pinned some great ideas, but I was most anxious to try... Reindeer Hair! When I explained it to Madelyn, she was very excited, and even helped me shop for the supplies at Michael’s. All you need are the following:
- Bun maker (I got ours at Claire’s)
- Brown pipe cleaners
- Googley eyes
- Red pom pom
- Bobby pins
It really was pretty simple… just put the hair in a pony tail, and then pull the pony tail through the bun maker. Then fold the hair under the bun maker, and pin to secure it.
We hot glued the eyes and pom pom each to a bobby pin, and when they were dry, we poked them into the hairdo!
Shortly after the "do" was complete, we went to Costco and boy did Madelyn ever get the compliments! As a matter of fact, she started counting how many people said something to her about it. I think we ended at 10 or 12 people, and that made Madelyn quite proud. ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment