Thursday, December 6, 2012
December 6
Today we took some extra time to snuggle up next to the Christmas tree and read some stories about Jesus. Chris and I talk to Madelyn pretty frequently about the true meaning of Christmas, and I think she really gets it. Yes, she's four, and LOVES presents (but hey, I am 41 and love presents, also). These stories helped open more discussion about the day Jesus was born, and I really enjoyed that.
The stories also brought with them some everyday messages. Madelyn is a pretty quick thinker, so when in one story, the animals are all sharing space in the stable, Madelyn was quick to realize that they weren't animals that would normally snuggled up together (a dog and cat; a cat and mouse, etc.), and commented on how nice it was that they were sharing the hay. That made me smile. :)
I thought these children's books were especially sweet. We read them all, and then Madelyn got to pick her favorite to read again. She chose God Gave Us Christmas (which was also my favorite of the three).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment