Saturday, December 29, 2012

"World's Largest" Gingerbread Village

We visited the Prescott Resort and Conference Center to see what they tout as the "World's Largest Gingerbread Village. Although it was fun to walk around the showcase and see all the gingerbread houses, I still am having a hard time believing this is the WORLD'S largest gingerbread village.  Maybe the key word is "village?" I'm not really sure, but I do want to research this some more.


After we spent some time at the Gingerbread Village, we went back to the apartment for a little bit before taking a walk to the town square to see the decorations and meet the Andersons for dinner again!

As we were walking to the square, Madelyn kept talking about the "huge" Christmas tree. We couldn't figure out what she was talking about, but when we got to the square and walked around the block, we discovered that Madelyn was referring to one of the tall pine trees. The lights were hung in such a fashion that it did indeed appear to have the shape of a Christmas tree. 

Can you find Madelyn? 


After looking at all the lights and listening to the live music for a bit, we walked over to the Prescott Brewing Company restaurant to meet Maghan, Kirk, and the twins!

Madelyn insisted on sitting next to the babies, and we told her that meant she was in charge of them, but she wasn't falling for it. She had a great time drawing pictures on the Magna-Doodle (supplied by the restaurant), and playing tic-tac-toe with Kirk. Kirk, however, soon realized this was a game as we like to say "where cheaters always win." We all enjoyed their giggles as he patiently tried to start each new game. My favorite quote of the night was from Kirk: "She X'd my O!" I didn't realize I got it on camera until I got home, so I thought I'd include it here...



No comments: