Today Madelyn got to do something with just me, and it wasn't difficult to decide what treat we would enjoy! Yogurtini was a unanimous decision, so we planned to head there right after school.
When I picked Madelyn up from school, she had some exciting news for me. She was picked to be the V.I.P. (Very Important Person)! YIPPEE! She has been waiting, and waiting, and waiting for this very special event! Every Friday she would wake up and say something like, "Maybe today I will be the V.I.P." She handled not being chosen pretty well, but the last couple of weeks she seemed especially sad when someone else was chosen, so I was just as excited to hear the news!
As the V.I.P., Madelyn got to bring Mr. Beary home. He's a very special teddy bear that the kids get to take home for the weekend when they are the V.I.P. So, I thought it was quite fitting that we bring him along to Yogurtini to start his adventure.
Madelyn showed Mr. Beary how he could taste any of the flavors he wanted. After just one taste, however, they both agreed that peppermint was their favorite!
Then Madelyn took him to the treats counter where they chose all the special toppings. This always proves to be the hardest part of our visits to Yogurtini. There are just so many choices! Madelyn and Mr. Beary decided on things like sprinkles, gummy bears (no relation to Mr. Beary), chocolate chips, marshmallows, strawberry juicy things, and probably a couple other sweets that I can't seem to wrap my mind around at this moment.
I think we're going to have a lot of fun with Mr. Beary this weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment